The instructions of the final theses for the students at the Department of Machining Technology
Assigning the topic of the bachelor or diploma thesis (BT/DT)
It is possible to take the work topic of those given by the Department or to bring own topic (eg. for a company, where the student wants to continue after graduation).
Instructions for the application form for a topic BT/DT:
- You have to hand in the application form for the study field and the area of the bachelor thesis or the diploma thesis into the secretary office. (deadline till 30th May of actual year)!
- You have to contact a supervisor according to the chosen topic. Or you have to bring basic information about your thesis to the supervisor in the case, if you have your topic.
- You have to work out the proposal of the bachelor or diploma thesis assignment in cooperation with the supervisor.
- The student will receive the task proposal of the thesis assignment in the first week of the winter semester within the subject SPB (Bc) /SPM (Mgr) .
- The student will receive the final proposal of the thesis assignment, which is necessary to set into the websites in the section MY STUDY/QUALIFICATION WORKS, till 15th October of the actual year. You have to print the proposal of the thesis assignment and let it sign by the supervisor and hand it in the department secretary office.
- You can take the official final thesis assignment signed by the Dean and the Head of the Department at the department secretary office (during the summer semester).
Working out of BT/DT
Follow the instructions of the supervisor during the working out of a thesis.
Keep the formatting and the sheets order of BT and DT:
- Title page, without heading and page numbering.
- Final thesis assignment - insert the original final thesis assignment signed by the head of Department and the Dean into the original thesis (without page numbers). Insert the sided copy of the final thesis assignment into the thesis copy.
- Statement of authorship (signed by the student) and the copyright.
- Annotation sheets (adjustment - foreign language) - They have to be filled-in in STAG mode and then printed and inserted into the BT/DT. The Annotation is a short information about the given work topic, what is being solved in the thesis, what results were reached. The extent is up to 10 lines in Czech language and its translation into the foreign language. The extent of "graphic part" of BT/DT is mentioned in equivalent of A4 form.The annotation is without heading and page numbering.
- Content (with a detailed breakdown of chapters, subchapters and sections, giving the number of their initial pages, including the list of attachments).
- An outline of used shortcuts and symbols, including the dimension units (can be listed by individual chapters).
- The main part of bachelor or diploma thesis = own text of the thesis. Division according to the chap.3., adjustment see chap.4 publishing  .
- Used literature - write the quotations according to the standard! (ISO 690).
- Inbound Attachments in the BT/DT
- Free inserted attachments with the bound part of BT/DT (text attachments have their own page numbers) are inserted into the folders of BT/DT behind the bound part of documentation.
 Staněk J., Němejc J.: Metodika zpracování a úprava diplomových (bakalářských) prací ZČU, Plzeň, 2005
The binding of a bachelor and diploma thesis
Keep the following instructions during the binding of the bachelor or diploma thesis:
- Bind the bachelor or the diploma thesis in a united style defined by the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering.
- The colour of the cover is defined by the Department, see the noticeboard of DMT or here.
- Pattern the cover of bachelor or the diploma thesis (do not forget the title on the folder back! – the year and the name).
- The thesis original has to contain a pocket for the examiner report.
- Attach a CD with an electronic version of BT/DT to the thesis original (the pocket on the back side of the cover is recommended).
The submitting of the bachelor or diploma thesis to the Department of Machining Technology
Upload the electronic version in the format of *.pdf (as on file) to a portal to section MY STUDY/QUALIFICATION WORKS before submitting the BT/DT.
The student has to submit these to the secretary office of the Department of Machining Techology:
- A printed page of a form "Data Completion of the qualification work", which is filled-in and signed before submitting
- Filled-in the Graduate's card (with a photo), which you can be taken in the secretary office before.
- 1 original of the DT/BT with inbound original of the final thesis assignment signed by the Dean of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, (pick it up in the secretary office before binding the thesis) and inserted CD with an electronic version of the BT/DT.
- 1 copy of the DT/BT with double-sided inbound copy of the final thesis assignment (a spiral binding possible).
- 1 CD for the department, where the following data will be listed:
- Student's name and surname.
- Work title.
- Type of thesis (Diploma/Bachelor's).
- Study field.
- The year of elaboration.